Will do this in sections, hopefully its useful to someone!! hehe
- Firstly I remove polish - Using acetone or for creme polish Marks & Spencer non acetone
- Thoroughly wash hands using soap (Lemslip from lush normally)
- Using a small bowl, fill it with hot water and pop in 3 Denture tablets
- I then soak and using the toothbrush gently clean the nail, gently doing the undersides - at this point you can use whitening toothpaste also, gently clean the nail plate with it
- Wash thoroughly and slather in a rich hand cream - usually leave this for 10 minutes to soak in
- IF YOU NEED to remove cuticles - I have been skipping this step for the past month, I use Elegant touch Cuticle remover- apply, wait 50 seconds, push back and wash hands well
- I have been instead just moisturising and gently pushing back the cuticle with orange stick, Using the Sally hansen Cuticle refiner occasionally - massage in gently and rinse- this has a fine pumice in it, gently gets rid of any old skin (yuk!)
Basic Polish change
- Firstly clean the nail plate well - I either just use Antibacterial gel or acetone
- Usual steps for me are - Base, Sticky or other (Thickener currently) 2-3 colour, topcoat
This is HG for me lol... When I spot it, I grab it up!! Smooth finish, keeps nails looking great, hydrated..dries fast.. applies thin like water and dries Gel like
I heart it!!
This stuff is magic, keeps mani not only on but NO Tipwear..only downside is discolouration...so am giving my nails a wee break from it.. but I still love it!!
I only just got this product, have used it 3 times, so far I am liking it a lot, thickens, smooth finish for applying polish. I don't have ridges so I cant comment on if it fills those. But it does what it says..nice!!
I apply lashings of this wet.... I was hating it, but since I got Seche restore, I love it again!! No shrinkage at all now, think its just getting the hang of it!
Intensive Hand cream
This is cheap and chirpy Glycerin cream - 2 for £1 at Poundland, I use this one just for weekly manicure - During the week I use Avon cuticle balm and Lemony flutter ( I finished my sample pot hence no picture!!!) - I have asked the bf for a pot for my bday..then I will be using Lemony flutter all the time!
Hope that was informative and maybe gives some ideas..share with me your favourite products :-)
oooo another thing...Competition suggestion
Am considering doing a LUSH contest, but am thinking that scent is a very personal thing.
Perhaps if the winner chooses say 3 soaps and 1 hand care product, it might be nicer! Let me know what you guys think and I will get it out there!!
TTFN lovelies xoxo